Meal TypeMain Course
Cooking Time45 MINUTES
1 ½ lbs. fresh Oshēn Salmon, skin-off
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 tsp. mirin
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
2 tsp. sugar
1 lb. sweet bell peppers
3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. warm water
Salt and pepper to taste
Looking for a colorful way to reinvigorate dinner time? Give yourself a crunch with this Toasted Sesame Salmon with Multicolored Peppers recipe. Equal parts healthy and flavorful, you’re sure to enjoy every bite of this new dish.
The best part? It can be prepared and cooked in less than an hour and requires ingredients you’re likely to already have in your kitchen.
Toasted Sesame Salmon with Multicolored Peppers
PLAY WITH THE PEPPERS
- Clean and julienne bell peppers.
- In a pot, dissolve the sugar in warm water. Add peppers, vinegar, olive oil, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer peppers over medium heat until soft for about 30 minutes.
SAVOR THE SALMON
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and sugar.
- Place salmon in a pan and brush mixture on each side.
- Roast salmon in open foil for 15 to 18 minutes, until salmon is light pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds throughout and a dash of excess soy sauce mixture.
- Plate with the peppers and serve.