If you're looking for a show-stopping seafood dish that is packed with flavor and spice, look no further than Szechuan salmon with shiitake mushrooms. This recipe brings together tender, flaky salmon fillets with a bold and spicy Szechuan sauce, balanced out by the earthy umami flavors of shiitake mushrooms. Perfect for a special occasion or a dinner party, this dish is sure to impress even the most discerning palates
Meal Type: Lunch or Dinner
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Yields: 4 portions
1 lb. Oshēn Salmon Fillets
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Green onions, sliced (for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the
Szechuan peppercorns and toast until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, cornstarch, and chicken or vegetable broth.
5. Add the sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until it thickens.
6. Add the shiitake mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned.
7. Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and spoon the Szechuan mushroom
mixture over the top.
8. Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flaky.
9. Garnish the salmon with sliced green onions and serve hot.