Salmon Wrapped In A Blanket
Pork tends to get all the cuddles when it comes to the protein of choice wrapped up in a blanket. But this recipe will have you telling pork to step aside and honestly, will most likely have you wondering why you haven't replaced the classic staple protein with the deliciously fatty pink swimmer. Oh, and
when it comes to the blanket, let's just say, the “blanket” used in this recipe is quite the upgrade as well as it has far more nutritional benefits than the typical puff pastry used.
Meal Type: Appetizer
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
1 whole Large Eggplant, sliced into strips
6 oz Oshen Salmon, with or without skin, cut into rectangular nuggets
1 tbs Olive Oil
¼ – ½ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Garlic
Pepper, to taste
Aioli, optional, for dipping
1. Slice the eggplant length wise and then cut those slices in half length wise, creating strips.
2. Lay the eggplant on a baking dish, and sprinkle with salt.
3. Let the eggplant rest for about 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes you will notice that moisture seeped out of the eggplant. Wipe this moisture
away with a damp paper towel.
5. Distribute the olive oil over the top of the eggplant slices and rub them with the oil, coating the
6. Season with a little more salt, the oregano, garlic and pepper.
7. Bake in the oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool.
9. Slice the salmon into rectangular nugget like shapes.
10. When the eggplant slices are cool to the touch, place the salmon nuggets on top of each
eggplant slice and carefully roll the eggplant around each piece.
11. Use toothpicks to secure the eggplant and salmon rolls.
12. Bake in the oven for another 15 minutes.
13. When the Salmon Wrapped In A Blanket are done, remove from the oven, let cool and then
devour as is or dip them into an aioli-type sauce to further enhance the flavor profile.