I have no beef with beef but when salmon is swapped in for the beef in beef stroganoff, it creates a crowd pleasing combination of flavors that is just as hearty as it's original protein source, yet provides
heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are highly regarded for hair, skin and nail health as well as improving cognitive function!
Meal Type: Entree
Cooking Time: 1.5 Hours
1 lbs Oshen Salmon, skinless, sliced into strips
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Coconut Butter
2 cups Button Mushrooms, sliced
1 medium Onion, sliced
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
2 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
½ cup No Sugar Added, Plain Coconut Yogurt
1 tbsp Tamari Sauce
1 tsp No Sugar Added Ketchup
3 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
1/2 tsp Thyme
½ tsp Mustard Powder
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 medium Spaghetti Squash, optional, for serving
Parsley, optional, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash (meant for serving) in half and discard the seeds by scooping them
out with a spoon.
3. Place the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet and let bake in the oven for about an hour to an
hour and a half depending on how large of a squash it is. You can always buy frozen spaghetti
squash and simply thaw it in the microwave or on the stove as well.
4. While the squash is baking, heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the onions and cook, for about 2 – 3 minutes, until the onions are soft.
6. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring often so as to make sure
the garlic doesn't burn.
7. Add the chicken or vegetable stock, flour, thyme, tamari sauce, ketchup, and mustard powder to
the pan and combine everything together. Cook this mixture until the sauce has thickened.
8. When the sauce is thick, turn the heat down to low and add the coconut yogurt and combine
with everything else.
9. Now it's time to add the salmon and carefully incorporate the strips into the rest of the
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. When the salmon is cooked, turn the burner off and let the flavors infuse together.
12. When the spaghetti squash is done baking, scoop out the pulp onto plates and divvy up the
salmon stroganoff into four portions.
13. Top each serving with fresh parsley and enjoy!