Forget the pork. Forget the beef. Let salmon shine at breakfast time with this salmon breakfast sausage recipe! While these sausage patties are perfect for breakfast, they actually make for great on-the-go snack options as well as they travel really well!
Salmon Breakfast Sausage
Meal Type: Breakfast
Cooking Time: 15 - 20 minutes
1 lbs Oshen Salmon, skinless, diced
1 tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
½ tbsp Sage
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1 tbsp No Sugar Added Maple Syrup, optional
4 Eggs, optional, for serving
Dill, optional, for serving
1. In a blender, place the salmon, sage, thyme, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, and nosugar-
added maple syrup (if using).
2. Puree the ingredients until smooth.
3. In a large pan, heat the olive oil or avocado oil over medium heat and then scoop the salmon
mixture out of the blender, form into patties and cook in the large pan for about 2 – 3 minutes
4. As the salmon sausage patties cook, cook the eggs to your liking, if you plan on pairing the eggs
with the sausage.
5. When the salmon sausages are done and plated, sprinkle with a little dill!