The Cranberry Pecan Crusted Salmon is a delightful way to incorporate Thanksgiving flavors into a delicious salmon dish. The combination of tangy cranberries, crunchy pecans, and a touch of sweetness from honey creates a unique crust that adds both texture and flavor to the salmon. Substitute hot honey and spice up the holiday!
● 4 salmon filets (6-8 oz each)
● 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
● 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
● 1/4 cup bread crumbs
● 2 tablespoons melted butter
● 2 tablespoons honey
● 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
● 1 teaspoon minced garlic
● Salt and pepper to taste
● Fresh parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the cranberries until coarsely chopped.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped cranberries, pecans, bread crumbs, melted butter, honey, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the crust mixture.
4. Place the salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Divide the cranberry pecan crust mixture evenly among the salmon fillets, pressing it gently onto the top surface of each fillet.
6. Bake the salmon for about 12-15 minutes, or until it is cooked through and the crust is golden brown and crispy.
7. Remove the salmon from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
8. Carefully transfer the salmon to serving plates.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley for added freshness and presentation.