Indulge in the ultimate culinary luxury, Oshēn Salmon Gravlax in Ciabatta Bread, it is a masterpiece of culinary alchemy. The Oshēn Salmon, cured with salt, sugar, and herbs, to a perfect texture. This is a sensory delight, leaving you craving for more, without conjecture. The ciabatta bread is crusty, and light. Ciabatta is a perfect complement to the Salmon. a medley of textures. Soft and chewy on the inside, with a crusty exterior, it's a dish that deserves accolades and hugs.
Meal Type: Lunch or Brunch
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
Yields: 2 portions
For the Gravlax
6 oz Oshēn Salmon fillets, skin on
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 lemon, thinly sliced
To assemble the sandwich
2 ciabatta rolls, cut horizontally
4 tablespoons mayonnaise (can use low-fat option)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
1 cup rocket leaves
Pepper to taste
1. Pat dry Salmon with a paper towel.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the kosher salt, granulated sugar, and black pepper.
3. Sprinkle half of the mixture on a flat plate or dish.
4. Place the Salmon on top of the mixture, skin side down.
5. Rub the remaining mixture onto the flesh of the Salmon.
6. Top with chopped fresh dill and lemon slices.
7. Cover the Salmon with plastic wrap and place a heavy object, such as a can or a small plate, on top of the Salmon.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
9. After 30 minutes, remove the Salmon from the plate and brush off any excess dill and salt mixture. Using a sharp knife, slice the Salmon into thin pieces. Now the gravlax is ready to be used!
10. Combine mayo, parsley, and pepper. Spread on ciabatta rolls. Then follow with prepared gravlax, rocket leaves, and cherry tomatoes.