Succulent Oshēn Salmon, sustainably sourced. Fresh lettuce and tomato, all between bread slices, layered with a cilantro-seasoned mayonnaise. An English-style feast wouldn’t be complete without homemade chips. Thus, this English-style Salmon burger, regal and refined, is a dish fit for royalty, truly designed. A dish to savor, a feast for the senses. A meal to remember, beyond pretenses.
Meal Type: Lunch or Dinner
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
Yields: 2 burgers
For the burgers
2 Oshēn Salmon fillets
2 burger buns
Lettuce leaves as needed
Tomato slices as needed
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (can use low-fat version)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
Olive oil as required
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
For the Chips:
3 large potatoes, cut into wedges
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt as needed
Pepper as needed
Fresh oregano leaves to garnish
1. Start preparing the English-style chips. In a bowl, combine potato wedges, olive oil,
salt, and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 350ºF or in an air-fryer. Potatoes need to be slightly soft inside and crisp on the outside. Using the oven might require extra cooking time.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the Salmon burgers.
3. Heat some olive oil in a cast iron pan over high heat. Add Salmon fillets and sear both sides. Then reduce heat to medium and complete cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Combine mayo, cilantro, and garlic to create a seasoned sauce for the burgers. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
5. Assemble the burgers. Start with some seasoned mayo, add Salmon, and veggies, and finish with some extra mayo.
6. Serve burgers and chips together, and remember to sprinkle some oregano on top!