There is a lot to love about fall. The leaves are changing, the scent of cinnamon is in the air, and pumpkin spice drinks are everywhere! But, that’s not all we love about this time of year. Autumn is famous for delicious seasonal dishes that sing with notable fall flavors like pumpkin, honey, maple, and apple.
So, today, to commemorate fall, we’re sharing our recipe for apple cider-glazed salmon. Using our tasty and nutritious ocean-farmed salmon and a few simple ingredients, you can create a fancy fall dish - perfect for a weeknight dinner or a lavish holiday meal. Here’s how to make our famous apple cider-glazed salmon:
Apple Cider-Glazed Salmon
- 1 C Apple Cider
- 2 TB Honey
- 4 Oshēn Salmon Filets
- 4 TB Unsalted Butter (divided)
- 1 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TB Chopped Fresh Tarragon, Mint, and Chives
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 8 oz of Baby Spinach
- Lemon Slices
How to Make Apple Cider Glazed Salmon
Preheat the oven to 300° F.
Make your apple cider glaze. To do this, pour the cider and honey into a shallow pan over medium high heat. Let it come to a boil and sustain that boil until the cider and honey reduces. The mixture should thicken to be about half the volume it was before. Once it’s done, allow it to cool and set aside 2 TB of glaze.
Place your salmon filets in a rimmed dish skin-side down and pour the apple cider glaze overtop (not the 2 TB you set aside). Put the dish in the refrigerator and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then, flip the filets and allow them to marinate for another 5-10 minutes.
In a skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the salmon from the fridge and season the salmon with tarragon, mint, chives, salt, and pepper. Place the salmon in the pan and sprinkle lemon juice over the filets. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until each side is light golden brown. While cooking, brush on the remaining glaze mixture.
Transfer the salmon to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate small saucepan, melt more butter over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper, and cook for a couple minutes until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
Sides for Apple-Cider Glazed Salmon
- Roasted Vegetables: Some classic roasted vegetables are the perfect dish to go with this fall meal. Use Brussels sprouts, carrots, pecans, and dried cranberries with balsamic for a really dynamic autumn side!
- Crispy Potatoes: There's nothing like a fluffy starch to balance out delicious seafood flavors and textures. This one is a classic and pairs perfectly with the adventurous taste of the apple-cider glazed salmon!
- Green Bean Casserole: What’s more fall than a green bean casserole? The balance of the creamy sauce, the crunchy unions, and the firm green beans totally completes the flaky fish entrée.
- Sausage Stuffing: A forkful of this sausage stuffing and a bite of apple-cider glazed salmon will NOT disappoint your appetite. This recipe calls for sausage, premium bread, celery, cranberries, and a mixture of herbs and spices that will take your apple-cider salmon to the next level!
Apple cider-glazed salmon is a tasty fall salmon dish your guests and family will love!
Many holiday meals and fall dishes are tasty, while at the same time, they are heavy and overfilling. Swapping out your usual protein with light and healthy salmon will keep you on track for your diet goals, while totally satisfying your tastebuds. There’s no compromising flavor here with Oshēn Salmon’s rich, buttery filets.So, what are you waiting for? Head to our shop, pick out your perfect salmon package, and use code FRESH at checkout for 15% off your order. And, if you go for our Oshēn’s Twelve pack, make sure you return to our blog for more delicious salmon recipes!